The Beijing Institute of Brain Disorders (BIBD), funded by the Beijing Municipal Government, is a research center aimed at understanding the mechanisms underlying major brain disorders, and at translating scientific achievement from the laboratory bench to the patient’s bedside, to reduce the burdens that the disorders impose on patients, families, and society.
BIBD comprises eight sub-institutes specializing in major brain diseases such as Stroke, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, Brain tumor, Epilepsy, Neural Injury and Rehabilitation, Depression and Schizophrenia; four research platforms for Hypoxia adaptation medical research, Medical imaging research, Primate disease model research and Internet wisdom big data research. Moreover, BIBD initiated and operated The International Alliance for Translational Neuroscience (IATN) aimed at promoting translational neuroscience research and education by funding collaborative programs among membership institutes, including Harvard University, KI, UBC, etc.
In the next five years, BIBD will focus on recruiting talents excelled both in basic and clinical research to establish a world-class intellectual destination and cultivating center, motivate influential neuroscience research discoveries and develop important healthcare products.
BIBD welcomes dedicated and talented scholars at home and abroad. For more information about us, please visit our website www.bibd.org.cn.
1. Leading a research group and conducting independent and creative science research in line with the general mission and development plan of BIBD;
2. Applying for various national and international research projects and grants;
3. Managing a lab, guiding and supervising graduates and other group members;
4. Providing professional and public service to BIBD, including but not limited to academic conferences, talent recruitment, and cooperation with other institutions and firms.
1. Applicants should have a Ph.D. or M.D. in neuroscience or related fields, those with research interests in neurology, neurosurgery, psychiatric and mental health, cardiovascular and metabolic disease, neurorehabilitation, medical imaging, biochemistry, drug discovery, bioanalytical science, biomedical engineering are especially welcome.
2. Applicants for Senior Principal Investigator should possess a tenured associate professor position or professor position or equivalent position at other institutions. The applicants in this rank are expected to be distinguished researchers with national and international recognition and an extraordinary track record in publications and research funds.
3. Applicants for Junior Principal Investigator should have over 5 years of international work experience, and possess a research associate position at world-renowned universities or research institutes. The applicant in this rank should be young talented researcher who show productive and creative mind revealed by his or her research record and research plan.
Support and Pay
1. An internationally competitive salary and benefits package will be offered, including social insurance and Housing Provident Fund, relocation reimbursement or rent allowance.
2. We will provide assistance in applying for national and local Talent Program, children’s education and foreigner’s work permit.
3. BIBD will provide ample start-up funding, as well as laboratory space and office space.
1. Cover letter;
2. Curriculum vitae (including lists of publications and research funds);
3. Names, affiliations and contact details of references, 3 references for junior position, and 5 references for senior position.
1. Please send the required application documents in a single PDF file by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Applications will be reviewed and evaluated upon receipt, and positions will remain open until filled.
Address: Capital Medical University, Xitoutiao 10#, Youanmenwai, Fengtai District, Beijing 100069, China.
Contact Person: Ms. Zhang